Patrick is one of the lead trial attorneys at DAA and a partner in the firm. His remarkable trial results recently resulted in his induction into the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), the premier trial attorney fraternity in the United States whose members are admitted by invitation only. Not only has he been recognized annually by Super Lawyers magazine, but his legal articles have been published in the Advocate and Plaintiff magazines.
Patrick’s trial results are regularly published in the Daily Journal, including his most recent verdict for $3 million in the federal court case of Saavedra v. Integon Preferred, and a pedestrian v. auto trial in San Bernardino Superior Court that settled with a key witness on the stand for $2.75 million.
Prior to law school, Patrick taught high school for 12 years at a Continuation School in East Los Angeles. He then attended UCLA School of Law where he was chosen for UCLA’s Moot Court Honors Team. He was a judicial extern in U.S. District Court for the Honorable Dean D. Pregerson, and was a select member of UCLA’s Public Interest Law and Policy Program.
Upon graduation from UCLA in 2009, the American Board of Trial Advocates acknowledged Patrick’s demonstrated trial abilities by selecting him as one of their 2009 ABOTA Law Fellows. He joined Dewitt Algorri & Algorri in 2012 and represents only injured parties in all types of civil personal injury cases including product liability, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death and dangerous conditions of roadways.
He is a member of the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles and is the weakest link on his intramural basketball team.
- Saavedra v. Gumienny — $2.4 million verdict
- Risinger v. Bui — $349,000 verdict
- Ortiz v. Doe Insurance Company — $1 million settlement from $15,000 policy
- Pilipey v. Johnson Lift — $2.3 million settlement
- Branson v. San Bernardino — $396,000 verdict against County of San Bernardino
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Rising Star, 2013-2015
- Pasadena Rising Star, 2013-2015
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles, Member, 2010
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member, 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Panish Shea & Boyle, Associate, 2009 – 2011
- Dolores Mission Alternative High School, Teacher
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors for Plaza Community Health Center, 2014