N. Alex Lopez was born in Colombia and is a fluent Spanish speaker. Mr. Lopez is a litigation associate with the law firm of DeWitt Algorri & Algorri. He obtained his law degree from Southwestern Law School in 2013. He attended California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA, earning in 2007 both a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Spanish. He then obtained a Masters degree, graduating with high honors, in Public Policy and Administration in 2009 also from California Lutheran University.
While at Southwestern Law School, Mr. Lopez was a member of the Trial Advocacy Honors Program (TAHP) and the Immigration Law Clinic. In 2010 he was a semi-finalist for the highly competitive TAHP intramural competition. In 2011 he received honorable mention at the California Attorneys for Criminal Justice (CACJ) competition held in San Francisco. Mr. Lopez was presented with the TAHP Junior Advocate of the Year award in 2011. He is a Mexican American Bar Foundation (MABF) scholarship recipient.
Following law school he was awarded a fellowship position through the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) program, wherein he interned at a Defense Firm (Randolph M. Even & Associates), at a Plaintiff’s firm (DeWitt Algorri & Algorri), and clerked for the Honorable Michael L. Stern of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Alex began working at DAA in 2015. His recent arbitration resulted in an award 8 times the defendant’s settlement offer.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Fellowship Program, 2013
- Honor, Trial Advocacy Honors Program (TAHP) Southwestern Law School, 2010 – 2012
- Award, TAHP Junior Advocate of the Year – Southwestern Law School 2011
- Award, Mexican American Bar Foundation 2011 Scholarship recipient
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 2014 – 2015
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Member, 2015
- Ventura County Bar Association, Member, 2015
- Mexican American Bar Association, Member, 2014 – 2015
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member, 2015 – Present